All Life is Yoga provides tools for mastery of your body, mind and life. This practice is accessible to any body type. We provide a non-competitive, inclusive and safe environment giving students the space become stronger, stretch without injury and progress at their pace.
WHAT TO EXPECT AND HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR FIRST CLASS:
- Plan to come to your first class 10-15 minutes early to register and go over studio procedures.
- Wear comfortable, fitted, colorful clothing. Dark clothing hides alignment which prevents the teacher from properly assisting your practice.
- Turn off cell phones.
- Place shoes in the shoe cubbies.
- We have mats you can rent for $2. We encourage all students to purchase their own mat.
- If you have health issues, please arrive early to communicate with your teacher.
- Please do not wear strong scents to class.
- We encourage students to create an online account for classes. Use Mindbody Connect App to conveniently pre-register for classes.
- Leave things better than you found them. A principle practice of yoga is Saucha, cleanliness. Respectfully replace props and keep bathroom and cubby area tidy.
- Read our newsletter. We send out one newsletter per week with updates to our schedule, information about cancellations and upcoming workshops/series.
Each of our classes begin with a short period of centering and meditation. If you come to class late, please wait for this initial portion of class to end before coming into the studio. You will know you can enter class once we stretch our arms up and begin moving.
FORM & FUNCTION
Features a well-rounded experience of yoga practice. Students will engage in a dynamic practice of self-care, including Heartfull™ Meditation created by Savitri of Purna Yoga, alignment-based asana (posture), philosophy, and lifestyle education. These classes give you an opportunity to understand and improve your form, while learning first-hand the mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual benefits of yoga.
You can expect a combination of meditation, warm-up positions, breath work, flowing postures, in-depth alignment and refinement of held postures, inspirational readings, and other tools to help integrate your yoga practice more deeply into your life. Classes are open to all level practitioners.
strength & Stamina
Features a set sequence of invigorating, challenging, and stimulating postures to wake the body up! Together we will create strength, vitality, focus, and balance by pairing rhythmic breathing with fluid, intelligently sequenced postures. Your body will generate heat, flush out toxins, and develop proper external form.
This class is fast paced, active, and open to all levels.
STRETCH & REST
Features gentle, fluid movements to warm up the body in preparation for restorative postures. Restorative postures provide balance for active, often hectic lifestyles. The intention for these posture’s is not to stretch muscles, but to relax and rest them. The effects are tremendously beneficial for nourishing the organic body, especially the kidneys and adrenal glands, as well as for reducing anxiety, stress, and high blood pressure. Restorative postures are also accessible for those recovering from injury, and particularly nurturing for women during pregnancy and menstrual cycles.
Through this unique combination of active and restorative poses, you will discover refined movements to release stress while relaxing your muscles and soothing your nervous system. Classes also include meditation, conscious breathing, intention setting, and inspirational readings. Beneficial for all levels of students.
Relax, focus the mind, and connect to the light and love in your heart with unique active-alignment meditation techniques created by Savitri of Purna Yoga. Instead of sitting motionless and silent during meditation, we harness the mind's gifts of focus, imagination, and creativity to help you cultivate a powerful and real connection with your heart. This empowering practice teaches you techniques for releasing stress, and sets you on a path to begin healing your body and your life.
Boost your intuition, improve posture and health, and align your mind, body, and spirit. These 30-minute-long classes include discussion and guided meditations.