100 Hour Restorative Yoga Training 2018
April 20-22 May 18-20 June 15-17 August 11-12 September 7-9
Sessions held Friday 6-9pm, Sat. 9-6pm, Sun. 9-6pm
This Training Covers:
- Posture alignment and set up for all foundational and intermediate restorative postures.
- Restorative on the Yoga Wall.
- Pranayama techniques that promote a calm nervous system.
- Warm up to prepare for restoratives.
- Nutrition and lifestyle practices to support rest and relaxation.
- Tools to guide students deeper during restoratives, such as reading, visualization techniques, application of philosophy. Each Module will focus on one theme from the Yamas and Niyamas.
- Modifications for ease, injuries, or specific needs such as pregnancy.
- Anatomy of Restoratives.
- Prop use, such as sandbags, chairs, 3-minute eggs, etc.
Why Practice Restoratives?
We need to be still, and to create quiet time in our lives, if only for a brief moment. Restoratives offer us a unique opportunity to be supported in physical ways: the muscles learn to rest, the organic system becomes nourished and toned, the skin softens and the nervous system drops into parasympathetic mode—the mode of healing. Restoratives also support us in energetic ways; they are truly a practice of surrender.
Restoratives teach us to be more vulnerable, and to relinquish the hardness attempting to build a wall around our hearts.The intention is not to stretch muscles, but instead to relax them; as you train the muscles, mind, and emotions to let go, the nervous system releases tension, the mind is calmed, and the potential for change is opened.
In this training, we will discuss the value of rest and how to teach students one of the hardest practices—the art of letting go and allowing oneself to be held, supported, and healed. Restorative Yoga is beneficial for all levels of students, as it provides a balance to our active, often hectic lifestyles. It is accessible for those recovering from injury, and is particularly nurturing for women during pregnancy and monthly cycles. The restorative practice reduces anxiety, stress, and high blood pressure, and nourishes the organic body, especially kidney and adrenal function.this practice settles the nerves, quiets the monkey mind, heals the body, teaches the value of surrender and receptivity, and can, over time, create a complete paradigm shift.
Paid in Full : $1000
Early Bird : $1200 ($500 Deposit, $140 per month. Deposit and Application Received by March 20.)
After April 20th: $1500 ($500 Deposit, $200 per month)
**Payments received in cash or check format. If you would like to pay by credit card, contact Rutu at email@example.com as additional fees will be applied.
** You are unable to miss any class time. If, however, there is an emergency, exceptions may be made at the discretion of the trainer. To receive certification, all hours must be met!